- 12-14 oz / 340-390 g firm tofu, cut into strips
- 1 T light soy sauce
- 2 t cornstarch
- 1/8 t white pepper
- 1 T oil
- 4 green onions, cut diagonally into 3/4 inch / 2 cm pieces
- 2 t minced garlic
- 1 T chili garlic paste
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 3/4 inch / 2 cm squares
- 1 T brown bean paste
- 1/2 cup cold vegetarian broth
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1 t light unbleached sugar
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts or cashews, chopped
Mix the tofu with the soy sauce, 2 teaspoon cornstarch and white pepper. Heat a wok or heavy skillet over high heat. when hot, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the tofu and stir-fry until lightly browned. Add the green onions, garlic and chili garlic paste. Stir fry for 1 minute.
Add the bell pepper and brown bean paste. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
Stir the broth, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and sugar together, and add to the pan. Stir until thickened. Sprinkle the peanuts on top and serve immediately with rice.